Multiple server drives for client backups on Windows Server 2008 R2 Storage Essentials

I've just built a Windows Server 2008 R2 Storage Essentials server.  The primary use of this server is to handle backing up a few client machines here in the office.  The server has two 2TB drives, which are configured as follows:

Drive 1 has two partitions:  a 60GB system partition (C:) and a 1.75TB partition for server folders (D:)

Drive 2 has a single 1.8GB partition (F:)

Currently, I have the server configured so that client computer backups are stored in: F:\ServerFolders\Client Computer Backups.   However, I would like to have the server also use the D: drive for client backups as well.  To be clear, I want server to use BOTH the D: and F: drives for client back up space.  I haven't found a way to configure the server to do this.  Is there a way?

Thanks.

January 13th, 2014 9:20am

Hi, 

Do you mean that you want to backup client computer to a shared folder saved in F:\ServerFolders\Client Computer, and also use the D: space? If so, I think we cannot backup to F: and use both the D: and F: drives space. You could directly backup to the D: for a larger drive space.

In the meantime, you could update Windows Server 2008 R2 Storage Essentials to Windows Server 2012, then add the D: and F: drives into a storage pool to use both the D: and F: drives space.

For more detailed information, please refer to the article below:

Using the Storage Pools page in Server Manager to create storage spaces
http://blogs.technet.com/b/filecab/archive/2012/12/06/using-the-storage-pools-page-in-server-manager-to-create-storage-spaces.aspx

Regards, 

Mandy
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 14th, 2014 2:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics