Multiple collation in sql 2008 in the same instance

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new DATABASE with multiple collation (Hebrew, Russian, English).

How can i do it? (If it is possible).

Thanks.

June 26th, 2013 4:19pm

Hi,

First of all thank you. Now I have read it and what he means is to create two different databases in the same instance.

What i'm trying to do is to create only one database with multiple collation (Hebrew, Russian, English).

Is it possible?

June 26th, 2013 4:29pm

As far as I know, no it's not.

Maybe you can find a collation that supports all of your requirements?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2013 4:33pm

Hi,

Do you know maybe how can i find out if there any collation that supports all of my requirements?

June 26th, 2013 4:38pm

This might help

select * from fn_helpcollations ()

June 26th, 2013 4:49pm

Hello,

I'm trying to create a new DATABASE with multiple collation (Hebrew, Russian, English).

How can i do it? (If it is possible).

Thanks.

Hi are you trying to say you want to create database which can have data from different languages...see below link

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/3b9b6c72-2123-4115-9378-ff46c3182396/how-multiple-languages-are-stored-in-database

Colaltion is defined at Server level databse level and col level so i think it can be done..just check and let me know..

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177439(v=sql.105).aspx

June 26th, 2013 5:39pm

Hi,

I will try it...

Thanks.

June 26th, 2013 9:05pm

Hi ELI,

Im writing to follow up with you on this post.  If you are satisfied with our solution, Id like to mark this issue as "Answered". Please also feel free to unmark the issue, with any new findings or concerns you may have. 

Thanks
Sofiya Li

July 5th, 2013 2:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics