Multiple VLAN , (Public / Private) , unable to RDP public vlan
Hello everyone, I have two lan connections in windows 2008 server Local area connection (This is Public): ip: 162.16.10.110 gateway :162.16.0.1 netmask:255.255.240.0 Local area connection 2(This is Private): ip: 162.16.104.51 gateway :162.16.104.1 netmask:255.255.255.0 And I am not able to RDP public ip 162.16.10.110.. I have set group policy in administrator templates->network->netwok connection->windows firewall->domain and standard profile and allowed remote desktop and remote administration , to enabled. Remote settings set to allow all in computer properties. Any other setting that i need to do? Thanks and Regards na_nacl
December 17th, 2010 2:15am

Are you sure the policy to which you made the firewall exceptions is applied to a computer OU in which the server is located, and set to allow access from "any"? Have you tested RDP connections from the LAN to verify the basic service is working? To confirm: You have enabled remote access, under computer properties | Remote | "allow connections running any version of remote desktop" or "....with NLA" In the same box you have either added users or you are using an administrator account Enabling this will create a firewall exception, but only for LAN access. You need to open "windows Firewall with Advanced security" in the administrative tools | click on inbound rules (wait for it to populate) | find Remote Desktop (TCP-In) and edit that rule under Scope to allow "any IP address". There is no hardware firewall/router blocking access to the server's public IP Verify Terminal services is running and listening on port 3389. To test from a command line run netstat -an |find "3389" which should return the following result: TCP 0.0.0.0:3389 0.0.0.0:0 listening. If not go to services.msc and see if Terminal Services is started and set to automatic If there are any other 3rd party software firewalls installed they will need to be edited as well You can test if the port 3389 is open by testing from the server with http://canyouseeme.org Rob Williams
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 12th, 2011 12:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics