Multiple NIC static IP problem
I seem to haverun into a problem on one of my servers. I have two NICs and need them both set up with a static IP Address.It is fine when I have the first NIC set up with a static.When I set up my second NIC with a static IP Address, the first NIC with a static IP Address converts to DHCP.When I change this back to static, the second NIC becomes DHCP.I am at a loss.
December 19th, 2008 1:12am

Hi There,does your NIc cards are updated to latest binaries ?try reseting winsock on the clienthttp://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/811259If this did not work , please provide us the tcpip settigns which is under start==>run==>regedit==>hklm\ccs\system\services\tcpipsainath Windows Driver Development
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 19th, 2008 10:26am

According to the artcicle, I cannot find anything at fault with the winsocket.Settings under Local Machine\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip are as follows:(Default)REG_SZ(value not set)DependOnGroupREG_MULTI_SZDependOnServiceREG_MULTI_SZIPSecDescriptionREG_SZTCP/IP Protocol DriverDisplayNameREG_SZTCP/IP Protocal DriverErrorControlREG_DWORD0x00000001 (1)GroupREG_SZPNP_TDIImagePathREG_EXPAND_SZ system32\DRIVERS\tcpip.sysStartREG_DWORD0x00000001 (1)TagREG_DWORD0x00000004 (4)TypeREG_DWORD0x00000001 (1)John
December 23rd, 2008 1:54am

Hi, This problem seems to be unusual. I suggest that you perform the following steps to see whether it helps. Suggestion 1: Boot to Safe Mode with Network Boot the computer to Safe Mode with Network, set the IP addresses on two NICs to see if this problem remains. Suggestion 2: Delete the config registry key ------------------------------------------------------- The GUI of TCPIP settings stores information under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\config. This key maybe corrupted or its permission is not properly set, which causes TCP/IP configuration issue. Please backup and then delete the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Network\config] registry value, and reboot the server to test again. Suggestion 3: Remove all network adapters Using Device Manager, show hidden devices and remove all network adapters. Allow Windows to re-detect the network adapter and load the driver. If a network adapter will not uninstall due the error "Failed to uninstall the device. The device may be required to boot up the computer." Try updating the device driver and then try removing it again. Best regards, Vincent Hu
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 23rd, 2008 2:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics