Multiple Domain Controllers in My Network Place
Dear All, I have a domain controller called sales.com and we have two different domain controller's which are seperate and located at different locations i.e. account.local and hr.in, Now when i open My Network Place in sales.com, then i can't see these two different domain controller's i.e. account.local and hr.in and thtswhy i can't see the list of machines which are the part of these domain controllers. When i establish Trust between these 3 different domain controller's, then i can see these 3 different domains from sales.com and also see the list of machines which are part of their domains. I want to know without establishing Trust between these 3 different domain controller's, can we see these 3 different domain controllers and their machines from sales.com by using My Network Place. Your reply is highly appriciated. Regards, Arjun V. Arjun
August 10th, 2011 8:52am

Hi Arjun, Thanks for posting here. > Now when i open My Network Place in sales.com, then i can't see these two different domain controller's i.e. account.local and hr.in and thtswhy i can't see the list of machines which are the part of these domain controllers. NETBIOS is the protocol that be used for browsing the hosts form My Network Place . However this protocol can’t be directly used in multi subnets environment. Deploying WINS service and setting registration is the way to support that browsing method in this environment: WINS Technical Reference http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736411(WS.10).aspx Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 11th, 2011 2:55am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics