Multiple DNS issue failed?
Hi AllWe have Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition Active Directory Integrated DNSwith SP2. I ran netdiag and Dcdiag and found that theMultipe DNS issue failed on the server. Analysis:-Ran netdiag ,found error "dns test failed"-Stop the dns and netlogon service-Ran ipconfig /flushdns-ipconfig /registerdns-I restart the dns and netlogon However in the dcdiag and netdiag ,it has passed dns test and connectivity test.when Ran dcdiag /test:dns ,it gave error "failed test dns".It seems that the issue is with the forworders and roothints.C:\dcdiag /test:dns Domain Controller Diagnosis Performing initial setup: Done gathering initial info. Doing initial required tests Testing server: RFHC\RFHC-TS01 Starting test: Connectivity ......................... RFHC-TS01 passed test Connectivity Doing primary tests Testing server: RFHC\RFHC-TS01 DNS Tests are running and not hung. Please wait a few minutes... Running partition tests on : ForestDnsZones Running partition tests on : DomainDnsZones Running partition tests on : Schema Running partition tests on : Configuration Running partition tests on : rfhc Running enterprise tests on : rfhc.local Starting test: DNS Test results for domain controllers: DC: rfhc-ts01.rfhc.local Domain: rfhc.local TEST: Forwarders/Root hints (Forw) Error: Forwarders list has invalid forwarder: 208.67.220.220 ( ) Error: Forwarders list has invalid forwarder: 208.67.222.222 ( ) Error:a.root-servers.net. IP: Status:A record not found Error:b.root-servers.net. IP: Status:A record not found Error:c.root-servers.net. IP: Status:A record not found Error:g.root-servers.net. IP: Status:A record not found Error:h.root-servers.net. IP: Status:A record not found Error:i.root-servers.net. IP: Status:A record not found Error:j.root-servers.net. IP: Status:A record not found Error:k.root-servers.net. IP: Status:A record not found Error:l.root-servers.net. IP: Status:A record not found Error:m.root-servers.net. IP: Status:A record not found Summary of test results for DNS servers used by the above domain contro llers: DNS server: 208.67.220.220 () 1 test failure on this DNS server This is not a valid DNS server. PTR record query for the 1.0.0.12 7.in-addr.arpa. failed on the DNS server 208.67.220.220 DNS server: 208.67.222.222 () 1 test failure on this DNS server This is not a valid DNS server. PTR record query for the 1.0.0.12 7.in-addr.arpa. failed on the DNS server 208.67.222.222 Summary of DNS test results: Auth Basc Forw Del Dyn RReg Ext ____________________ Domain: rfhc.local rfhc-ts01 PASS PASS FAIL PASS PASS PASS n/a ......................... rfhc.local failed test DNSI did everything on the DNS Server. I am not able to resolve this issue..Can you someone help out me?.Thanks... Deva --Self-trust is the first secret of success.
November 19th, 2009 11:14am

Can you please anyone help out me??Thanks...Deva --Self-trust is the first secret of success.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 22nd, 2009 7:15am

Hi Deva,i see that there is a invalid "Error: Forwarders list has invalid forwarder: 208.67.220.220 ( ) " can you please check the above and confirm.
November 22nd, 2009 12:13pm

Hi Deva,The issue is with the Forwarders that you have set in the DNS. Try and see if you can Ping the Forwarders.Remove the Forwarders and see if the DNS Test Passes.Make sure no Public IP is mentioned in the Alternate DNS on NIC.You can also try and put the Global DNS Address 4.2.2.2 and see if then DNS tests still fails.Revert back with the Tests result.Thanks,Nitin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 23rd, 2009 6:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics