Multiple DHCP
I'm currently running 2x 2008 R2 DHCP servers. I need to add another DCHP server but do not have resources for another 2008R2 license. I have another 2003 server that I'd like to use as the additional server but need a little advice on mixing the DHCP os's. could there be any conflicts if one of the DHCP servers is 2003(32-bit) and the other 2008(64-bit). Thanks for any advice/information!
June 21st, 2010 7:51pm

Hello, never heard about problems when using different OS DHCP servers, it should be ok.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 21st, 2010 8:57pm

DHCP is a stand-alone application unless you are setting up a cluster which will host the DHCP database. You can have more than one DHCP server on the network running different operating systems. They do not share any information between them. If they will be servicing the same subnets, regardless the server OS, you will need to split the scopes/create exclusions accordingly. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
June 21st, 2010 9:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics