Multiple Asian Languages Support in Windows Server 2003?
We are implementing our POS system for a client that has operation in multiple Asian countries/regions. Currently there are 2 countries residing on the same server. The original 'Language for non-Unicode programs' was Thai, so that all Thai entries can show properly. But Korean characters are not recognizable as shown in the picture on the left. Now Korea has stores online. When we changed the 'Language for non-Unicode programs' to Korean, proper Korean characters are shown as the picture on the right. But Thailand users are complaining about gibberish or '???'s for their entries. So is there anyway we can cope with multiple Asian languages on the same server, i.e. to have all the FONT configuration take effect? What should the configuration be? Thanks a million.
November 2nd, 2011 5:29am

You have not specified the version of server fully (32 or 64 bit). The only idea that comes with this is - have you tried to installed the updates for MUI? In 64 bit case I have found this http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=18305
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 2nd, 2011 5:39am

Full version details: Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64 Service Pack 2 EN The requirement is not to change server display language, but rather to ensure data entries are shown correctly. The menus in the POS application itself can support multiple languages, so is MUI the solution?
November 2nd, 2011 10:11pm

Hi, As far as I know, non-Unicode language settings are controlled on a per machine basis by the system locale. If you want to run a non-Unicode application, you need to set the systemlocale to the non-Unicode language setting. If you have non-unicode applications for different languages , you need to run them on different servers or switch the settings to the appropriate language. Applocale utility is available, which enables user to running multiple non-Unicode applications for different languages. However, this utility is something that is available on a best effort basis, with limited support and is not recommended for an enterprise environment. Thanks for your understanding. Regards, Bruce
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 7th, 2011 3:08am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics