Multi scripts stopped - used to work, now don't
We have a server that is used solely for internal web development. I am not an IT person, but have been given administrator access to maintain, install and uninstall as needed. Servers installed are: Apache web server PHP MySQL TestTrack Pro (Seapine software) Surround SCM (Seapine software) The latter two are used for issue tracking (TestTrack) and source file versioning (Surround SCM). Both software have the ability to trigger executables when given a certain criteria. We use these triggers to help automate processes more efficiently than having to do each manually. For example: Surround SCM has a promotion event that can promote a file from one level (branch) to another. When we do this the trigger for this program executes a batch file and passes information to variables in the batch file. This in turn executes the PHP server php.exe that runs a file tat uses the variables within the script. The script is designed to FTP files to our server we call DEV, located 200 miles from our office. The problem is that for some reason this has stopped working when more than one batch is triggered at a time. It is not unusual to see 5, 10 or even more of these happen at one time. This is mainly due to the fact that the software is sending out a trigger for each file. While this is not ideal, out local server load is very small. The drag for 10 or even 20 files at a time is not really a concern of us. When this was working I had noticed that a CMD process for each trigger was running, as well as a php.exe for each batch. Now, if more than one batch is triggered in succession, nothing happens. Its as though the server is sensing a flood and stops everything in its tracks. We really need this to work, and the IT folks here are so busy with other things that I am left to figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cy
December 2nd, 2009 5:58pm

Hi CY,Thank you for posting in windows server forums, i see that there isa need to look into the vbscript code and analyze the problem. There is a dedicated forum which handles scripting related queries, please navigate to the below forum and post your queries.http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/scripting
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 3rd, 2009 10:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics