Mulpitle user icons show up on Windows login screen.....?
I just setup Windows Server 2008 x64 with SP1. I created 5 local users, logged out, then pressed Ctl+Alt+Del. The next screen showed 6 rectangles (each with a person icon) corresponding to the possible logons on the server. Well, yes, but when did this happen? A single button for "Administrator" would be sufficient. How can I control what shows up on this screen? (Could you imagine the visual confusion if we had 10 or more local users defined on that server?) TIA, Barkingdog P.S. I haven't tested it yet but wonder if the same issue happens when a domain user is added to a local group on the server
April 10th, 2011 4:56pm

Has this server been joined to the domain?*a
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 19th, 2011 1:10pm

Yes. Baekingdog.
April 19th, 2011 9:34pm

Can you upload a screenshot? Never heard of this before.*a
May 2nd, 2011 3:53pm

Hello, if you have a domain why do you work with local users on a server? I triede to reproduce your view but i can't, i have created additional local users on a domain member server and after using Ctrl+Alt+Del i see the local accounts not on the screen. I have to choose the format machinename\localusername to logon.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
May 3rd, 2011 2:39am

Actually, I have seen this before - when a server is licenses for more than jsut the admin rdp cals. Is this servers a full blown terminal server? Either that, or local accounts. Please advise.*a
May 4th, 2011 9:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics