Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1 Invalid object name 'tblEmployeeInfo'.

Hi there!

I did some changes on my tables and experienced this error message already after passing a simple query below?

Very strange to me because I see no problem. The table name is correct. Any help pleasee....

September 7th, 2015 6:30pm

Check the database name against which you are running this query ? Your query connection might have been to another instance/Database

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 7th, 2015 6:44pm

From the screenshot i think you are running this against a DB called  "dgmlightpayroll" but object explorer shows that the table is under a DB called "dblightpayroll"
September 7th, 2015 6:46pm

Hi there Jinu,

Thank you for replying to my query.

"dgmLightPayroll" is my database diagram i am not sure if this is what you are referring to?

My database is the one you mentioned "dbLightPayroll".

I am curious about the first comment you gave How will I know if my query is in correct database connection?

Appreciate more light on this.

Thanks

Cioden_sky

September 7th, 2015 6:53pm

There are quite many ways but a quick and simpler would be to look at the top toolbox it should show the DB name in the textbox against which current query is executed.

Also try right click the desired DB -dbLightPayroll and open new query window and execute the same query to c

September 7th, 2015 6:56pm

Gottcha!

You are right when you said that my query was referred to my diagram I just realized it!

You're suggestion works great!

Thank you so much! You are an Angel!

September 7th, 2015 7:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics