MsMpEng.exe

I am using windows 7 64  on my own build computer which I built in 2011. I recently installed a new security suite. In doing so I uninstalled microsoft security essentials. A couple of days ago I installed more ram. Same brand  same ddr3 1600 same latencies. only 3 years newer than previous memory . It started just fine with no problems. except now my computer will just shut down unexpectedly. I noticed in task manager I am getting several hard faults in my memory. Wwith almost everyone being registered to MsMrEng.exe.  I found out this relates to either MSSE or windows defender. My defender is disabled and made sure I had a correct registry value under disabled security. Which I found after googling it should be one which it is. Now I have tried uninstalling Msmpeng.exe with revo pro. It seemed to work and after scanning I deleted all files it found which was alot. Then it said the rest of files would be deleted after rebooting which I did. After start up it is still listed as running and still has hard faults. Since then I have tried killing process  with no effect. Went to services and properties and nothing is highlighted so I can not disabled it. I have tried deleting the folder,  items in folder with no effect  I receive a message saying I can not do that. I am using administer rights still nothing. I can suspend the process and when I do and try to use task manager to end proceess I get a not responding message. I try to delete it and windows explorer stop responding. I use a unlocker program in hope of unlocking files . It stops responding. I can not go to msse to disable it either since I uninstalled it  I am not sure if it belongs to defender or essentials while googling it seems I have seen it mentioned for both not sure though. Any help will be truly appreciated Mike.     P.S. Also when I clicked on setup exe in folder my computer shut down right now. The folder is named microsoft security clients 

• Edited by ekim56 12 hours 22 minutes ago
March 29th, 2015 9:40am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics