Ms-DOS 6.22 and Windows Server 2008
i have one pc with MS-DOS 6.22 and Ms client 3.10 and TCP/ip working. I have ping to my server, in the server i have one shared folder for everybody when i tried to connect allways i recive the error 5 "acces Denied". Can someone help me please.
April 26th, 2009 1:27am

You will have to relax security (a lot) in order to be able to access files from a DOS workstation. Unless you have "Network access: Allow anonymous SID/name translation" enabled in Group Policy, you will have to allow permissions not only to EVERYONE, but also to ANONYMOUS. There are other setting involving Digital Signing and Encryption, and Network Access that might have to be relaxed.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 26th, 2009 3:07am

Hi, According to the description, the issue seems to be related to DOS. As we mainly focus on the general question about Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 and here is not the best support resource for DOS. By the way, DOS is a very old Windows OS, its already out of official support, we recommend that you install some OS later than DOS. Thanks for your understanding. Best regards, Vincent Hu
April 27th, 2009 11:34am

You will have to relax security (a lot) in order to be able to access files from a DOS workstation. Unless you have "Network access: Allow anonymous SID/name translation" enabled in Group Policy, you will have to allow permissions not only to EVERYONE, but also to ANONYMOUS. There are other setting involving Digital Signing and Encryption, and Network Access that might have to be relaxed. Thanks so much you are rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2009 2:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics