Moving Azure SQL DB between subscriptions....

After I figure out how to setup a new (second) Azure subscription I want to move\copy an Azure SQL DB from my existing Visual Studio subscription to the new one. Is there a URL describing the steps involved in doing this?

TIA,

edm2

September 3rd, 2015 10:21am

You can create another subscription in the manage.windowsazure.com.  On the top right is you're email address/sign-in credentials.  To the left of this is a link for managing your subscription and adding another.

I would create an incident via the portal and support can help you move the DB to a new subscription.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 4:35pm

Thank you Guy.

I am surprised by your statement

>>>> I would create an incident via the portal and support can help you move the DB to a new subscription.

as I presumed this would be something that I can easily do. Are you saying that, at this time, it is not possible for me to do that so I need to create and incident for that?  Or are you saying it's complicated it would be wise for me to open an incident?

edm2

September 3rd, 2015 8:25pm

You can create another subscription in the manage.windowsazure.com.  On the top right is you're email address/sign-in credentials.  To the left of this is a link for managing your subscription and adding another.

I would create an incident via the portal and support can help you move the DB to a new subscription.

September 3rd, 2015 8:32pm

Moving a DB between subscriptions will require support help. There are business rules that need to be checked to make this happen and it can't be automated.

The process is to create a ticket, either via the phone or the portal.

Thanks Guy

• Marked as answer by edm2 7 hours 27 minutes ago
September 9th, 2015 12:43pm

Moving a DB between subscriptions will require support help. There are business rules that need to be checked to make this happen and it can't be automated.

Thanks Guy

• Marked as answer by edm2 7 hours 18 minutes ago
September 9th, 2015 12:44pm

Thanks Guy

• Marked as answer by edm2 Wednesday, September 09, 2015 11:47 PM
September 9th, 2015 4:43pm

Thanks Guy

• Marked as answer by edm2 Wednesday, September 09, 2015 11:47 PM
September 9th, 2015 4:43pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics