Move Reporting Services to another Instance !?

Hi there, 

I am trying to install PowerPivot on an existing Sharepoint 2013. I've followed this guide to do so: http://msprojectmvp.blogspot.ro/2015/01/how-to-configure-and-build-powerview.html

Except i made 1 mistake, when i added the Reporint Services features (sharepoint addins) i didn't select POWERPIVOT instance. I selected by mistake the MSSQL instance. And now i have the feature installed on the wrong instance. However when i try to install it on the correct instance, the features seem like they are added but are also grayed out. And Sharepoint does not give me the SQL Reporting Services Application. I would like to avoid uninstalling and reinstalling the feature.

Is there a way to add and existing feature from one instance directly to another? Basically i want the Reporting Services Sharepoint addins that exists on the MSSQL instance to be  moved, or added to the POWERPIVOT INSTANCE.

Thanks.

July 23rd, 2015 4:51am

And Sharepoint does not give me the SQL Reporting Services Application.INSTANCE.

Hi George,

Did you install SQL Server Reporting Services in this server? If SSRS was installed and is not available on SharePoint site. It means that SSRS was not resiger on the site. We need to register into the SharePoint farm. The SQL Server 2012 release introduces PowerShell support for Reporting Services in SharePoint mode. The following steps guide you through opening the SharePoint Management Shell and running cmdlets:

1. Click the Start button
  2. Click the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products group.
  3. Right-click SharePoint 2010 Management Shell click Run as administrator.
  4. Run the following PowerShell command to install the SharePoint service. A successful completion of the command displays a new line in the management shell. No message is returned to the management shell when the command completes successfully:
    Install-SPRSService
  5. Run the following PowerShell command to install the service proxy:
    Install-SPRSServiceProxy
  6. Run the following PowerShell command to start the service or see the following notes for instructions to start the service from SharePoint Central administration:
     get-spserviceinstance -all |where {$_.TypeName -like "SQL Server Reporting*"} | Start-SPServiceInstance

If SSRS was not installed, you need to install SSRS for SharePoint first. Please refer to the link below.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/JJ219068.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 23rd, 2015 10:42pm

I think you did not understand what i said. First we are talking Sharepoint 2013, not 2010, and we have SQL 2014 not 2012. 

Furthermore both Sharepoint 2013 and Sql 2014 WITH EVERYTHING (powerpivot, reporting services etc.) is installed on the same host. However, since there are 2 Instances (MSSQL and POWERPIVOT), when i installed Reporting services, i installed it on the MSSQL instance, NOT the POWERPIVOT one. I simply want to change Reporting Services from MSSQL instance to POWERPIVOT instance.....how do i do that?

July 24th, 2015 10:32am

I think you did not understand what i said. First we are talking Sharepoint 2013, not 2010, and we have SQL 2014 not 2012. 

Furthermore both Sharepoint 2013 and Sql 2014 WITH EVERYTHING (powerpivot, reporting services etc.) is installed on the same host. However, since there are 2 Instances (MSSQL and POWERPIVOT), when i installed Reporting services, i installed it on the MSSQL instance, NOT the POWERPIVOT one. I simply want to change Reporting Services from MSSQL instance to POWERPIVOT instance.....how do i do that?

Hi George,

In SQL Server, there are different components in different instances. Currently, there is not such functionally to change a instace to another instance directly. So in your scenario, we cannnot change Reporting Services from MSSQL instance to POWERPIVOT instance.

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 26th, 2015 9:20pm

So i have to uninstall Reporting Services + addin for sharepoint and reinstall them on the POWERPIVOT instance?
July 27th, 2015 1:49am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics