Most straight forward approach for monitoring scheduled tasks in SCOM 2012

Hi,

This one should be easy (?): looking for the most straight forward approach for monitoring scheduled tasks in SCOM 2012.

Best regards

July 31st, 2012 4:42pm

There are several free management packs out there that can do this for you.  I recall finding three, and we decided to go with one of the three after testing.  Here is a link to one of the several that our out on the net.

http://rburri.wordpress.com/management-packs/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2012 6:22pm

Yes, I am aware of that one, but can anybody confirm that this is working without any issues on SCOM 2012? As far as I can see it's developed for 2007.
August 1st, 2012 9:47am

Hi,

Would you please let us know what you would monitor exactly?

To monitor Scheduled Tasks, you can try to create a monitor or rule against the SCHEDLGU.TXT file under:

C:\Windows\Tasks

Monitoring Text and CSV log files in System Center Operations Manager
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2691973

Hope this helps.

Th

August 1st, 2012 12:37pm

I want to monitor if specific tasks have failed or not. Simple as that. How is scheduled tasks implemented in WMI, surely that would make things a little easier? I've come across some info stating that one will have to register the scheduled task one wishes to monitor in WMI with the "at" command in order to get reliable date? Is this the case?
August 2nd, 2012 10:14am

Hi

Management Packs are not SCOM version specific - the only exceptions are when there has been a fundamental change in the underlying technology between SCOM versions and that only affects:

- Network monitoring

- Avicode (which is now APM in SCOM 2012)

All other management packs will work the same on SCOM 2012 as on SCOM 2007 R2.

Cheers

Graham

August 2nd, 2012 10:45am

I was unable to find a management pack that will monitor scheduled tasks hosted under Windows Server 2012. Is there anything out there anyone knows about?

July 10th, 2013 11:32am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics