Most Popular Items in Document Library - Items shown Duplicated

Hi,

We have a SharePoint Document Library, when we view "Most Popular Items" from Library Tab, the Items are shown duplicated.

The Item Titles and URLs are just identical. What might be causing this issue??

I have applied all possible modifications on the Search Configurations and ran full crawls, but nothing has changed.

We have one content source considered for crawling with only one URL out there.

We are using ADFS for user authentication, so the above URL within content source is a windows authentication zone, and I have added a server name mapping to show items to end users within search results with proper urls.

We had a crawl rule to crawl everything under the ADFS URL zone, I have removed this rule and ran full crawl, still same issue.

The only way to overcome this, is to reset the index, but I will lose those statistics, and after some time the issue is back again.

Any thoughts??

Thanks in A

March 29th, 2015 5:22pm

Hi,

According to  your description, when you clicked Most Popular Items in the document library, the Items are shown duplicated.

I have done a test in my SharePoint 2013 and I cannot reproduce your issue.

Whether all the Items of the Most Popular Items are duplicated.

if only some of the items are duplicated, check whether the items are exists in the folder or document set in the same document library at the same time.

Whether the issue exists in all of the document libraries.

Do a test in another library, compare the results.

Besides, if the issue persists, Please offer a screenshot about your issue.

Best Regards,

Lis

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2015 4:41am

Hi,

According to  your description, when you clicked Most Popular Items in the document library, the Items are shown duplicated.

I try to reproduce your issue with doing a test in my SharePoint 2013, but i can't reproduced the issue.

Whether all the Items of the Most Popular Items are duplicated.

If only some of the items are duplicated, check whether the items are exists in the folder or document set of the same document library at the same time.

Whether the issue exists in other document libraries of the same site collection.

Do a test in another library and compare the results. If the issue also exists in other libraries, you need to create another site collection.

Besides to beeter help you, i need you offer a screenshot about your issue.

I am looking forward to your reply back.

Best Regards,

Lis

March 30th, 2015 8:39am

Hi,

Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions?

If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Have a great day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 7th, 2015 11:03pm

Thanks Lisa,

Actually I'm getting this for all documents.

The Only solution I have found is to reset the index

when I do that, things will go back normal for a while, then the issue will come back again.

Kindly find screenshot below:

April 30th, 2015 6:50am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics