Monitoring BizTalk 2010 with SCOM2012 discovery partially ok

Hi,

We use SCOM 2012 SP1 UR2 to monitor our BizTalk 2010 servers.  The discovery is executed partially.  The send/receive ports/artifiacts/applications state are still empty.

The BizTalk service account has been created in scom and associated with a run-as account.  This service account is sysadmin on the db and also member of the special BizTalk groups.  Agent proxy is enabled on all BizTalk servers. Anti-virus exclusions are made.

If I check the following post, I can confirm we have the same issue with the groupname.  The problem is I can't find the script "Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.ApplicationDiscovery.vbs".  Where should this script be located?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ddd0c6a5-638c-48d5-a109-3a1908550bfd/biztalk-server-2010-orchestrations-ports-dont-display-in-scom-2007

All Stateviews under Deployment View are populated so the discovery has only run partially.

If I check the Management pack doc, i can see that there are several vbs files but I can't find these anywhere. Is this normal? Are they copied to the agents from the SCOM MS and deleted automatically?

I can't find back these files:

Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.ArtifactsDiscovery.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.ApplicationDiscovery.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.BAMAnalysisDiscovery.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.BAMPortalDiscovery.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.BAMRuntimeDiscovery.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.BizTalkApplicationServiceDiscovery.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.BizTalkGroupDiscovery.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.BizTalkRoleDiscovery.vbs
BizTalkAnalysisDatabaseMonitor.vbs
BizTalkArtifactConfigurationMonitor.vbs
BizTalkArtifactSuspendedInstancesMonitor.vbs
BizTalkBAMPortalMonitor.vbs
BizTalkHostConfigurationMonitor.vbs
BizTalkDatabaseMonitor.vbs
BizTalkMultipleDatabaseMonitor.vbs
BizTalkHostProbeAction.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.HostAction.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.OrchestrationAction.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.EnableReceiveLocation.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.SendPortAction.vbs
Microsoft.BizTalk.Server.2010.SendPortGroupAction.vbs

I can only find back BizTalkDatabaseMonitor.vbs and BizTalk.MultipleDatabaseMonitor.vbs on the Agents.

Do I need to also have the SQL server monitored by SCOM 2012? At this moment the SQL server is being monitored by SCOM2007.

Thx,

• Edited by Trail2012 Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:52 AM added vbs script names
July 17th, 2013 7:09am

anybody?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 22nd, 2013 7:13am

I know this is a very late reply, but I'm having the same issue as yourself and I'm currently trying to resolve it.

For the record - the problem with the hard coded BizTalk Group Name is no longer an issue in v7.0.391.0 of the management pack.  This now uses a variable to get the group name.  However, this doesn't solve the issue you described (which is the issue I'm now having).

If it helps anybody else - these .vbs discovery scripts are embedded within the Microsoft.Biztalk.Server.2010.Library management pack file.  To get to this script - you need to export the sealed management pack as an XML file (you can do this through the Operations Manager powershell console using the "export-scommanagementpack" cmdlet.  Once as an (unsealed) XML file, you can use an editor to open the file, and make the changes to the discovery script.   You just search for "Microsoft.Biztalk.Server.2010.ApplicationDiscovery.vbs" name between some <Scriptname> </Scriptname> tags in the XML.

Of course once you make changes - don't forget to increment the version number at the top of the XML file - and you will be able to reimport it as an "update".  But naturally - once you start editing sealed management packs, you're on your own for support.

^I hope that info helps someone down the line if you come across this post.  Meanwhile - I'm still trying to figure out why I've got a runas account with all the correct rights, but still only a partial disc

April 7th, 2015 1:23am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics