Monitored Item Capacity

Dear All, 

When I was checking for the monitoring capacity, it (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/jj656654.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396#BKMK_Hardware) states that 50 URLs per agent.

Could you please le me know, What does this term "AGENT" refers to? Does it refer Watcher Node?

Can someone please help me with the best monitoring capability of SCOM for URL Monitoring?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar C

March 20th, 2015 3:09am

1) What does this term "AGENT" refers to? Does it refer Watcher Node?
Yes
2) Can someone please help me with the best monitoring capability of SCOM for URL Monitoring?
If we want to monitor 1000 URL, we should deploy 20 machines, has SCOM agent installed, and each machine as a watcher node of 50 URL

Roger

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 20th, 2015 3:30am

Thank You So Much , Roger .

Incase, we add a mulltiple URLs in Web Application Transaction monitoring template, does every single URL is taken as a Count or else the whole set of URLs were considered as a single count?

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar C

March 20th, 2015 5:26am

Yes
2) Can someone please help me with the best monitoring capability of SCOM for URL Monitoring?
If we want to monitor 1000 URL, we should deploy 20 machines, has SCOM agent installed, and each machine as a watcher node of 50 URL

Roger

• Marked as answer by RajeshKumar C Friday, March 20, 2015 9:22 AM
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 20th, 2015 7:29am

Yes

Roger

• Marked as answer by RajeshKumar C Friday, March 20, 2015 9:22 AM
March 20th, 2015 7:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics