Modify Add computer to an AD Group (MDT Deployment Script) for multiple groups

I'm looking at https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Add-the-current-computer-3759f02d but that seems to only work for adding a computer to s single security group.
I need to add a computer, during deployment, to several security groups.

In SCCM 2007 I have a VBS script, but can't seem to get it working properly in MDT 2013.
And since the script in the link above is for MDT deployment, it looks like a nicer way of doing it.

The variable ADGroup in CustomSettings.ini looks like it can support only one group, so something like ADGroup1, ADGroup2, etc would work great for me.
Just need to script to look at the increasing numbers till there are no more of ADGroup#.

I could copy the script and replace ADGroup with ADGroup1, and a second copy with ADGroup2, but that's not very nice, is it?

Hope someone alter the script to make it work. I would really appreciate it.

September 4th, 2015 11:26am

You are posting in the wrong forum.  Post in SCCM forum or deployment forum. The deployment forum will tell you how to extend past the default capabilities.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2015 1:16pm

But the script was posted in the Script center?
September 4th, 2015 2:07pm

But the script was posted in the Script center?
That doesn't mean the respondents here know every detail about the script and have the time to redesign it to meet your specifications. The help here is free, after all, and there's no SLA. You could contact the author of the script, of course.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 4th, 2015 2:19pm

I know the help here is free, and I appreciate that very much.

Just sometimes feels coming here from a page like I linked, is fruitless.

Anyway, I'll try to contact the author directly.

September 4th, 2015 2:37pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics