Missing servers when browsing entire network
HiWe have four sites inour domain (Headquarter and 3 branch offices). When I browse the entire network from HQ I can't see the serverslocated in thebranch offices? If I try to browse the entire network from one of the branch offices I get a access deniedatdomain level where I should see all the domain computers and servers.Two of the branch offices are running on Server 2008 SP2 and the last is using Server 2003 R2 SP2.We have just recently started using Server 2008, is there something that I am missing?/Lasse
October 29th, 2009 12:17pm

I have just done some searching for the problem and might it be because the branch offices are missing a Master Browser?I just enabled the Computer Browser service on the domain controller at each office. Now I can see the entire network from the server running Server 2003 R2 and I can see that branch site from HQ,but on the servers running 2008 I can stillonly see the computers at that specific AD site./Lasse
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 29th, 2009 12:42pm

After the "Computer Browser" service was started on the domain controller at each office it worked, it just had to have some time to sync everything./Lasse
November 9th, 2009 11:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics