Missing databases and Azure SQL servers in the new portal

Hi all,

We've recently moved some of our Azure SQL servers to different subscriptions. We were previously able to see them in the new portal, but after the move, some of them have disappeared and others are not always shown. We would like to use the new portal to view our databases, specifically the DTU graph. Does anyone know how to get them to show up in the new portal or knows an alternative way to view the DTU graph?

Thanks,

RJ

December 9th, 2014 6:51pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Make sure that your subscription filter in the upper right hand corner of the portal is set to an account that has access to the databases. If you don't see an item in the portal it is likely because the Windows Azure AD account you have selected in the filter can't see them. This is a change that occurred in the last few months where all accounts for management are part of one or more Windows Azure AD tenants. In the portal you have to select one tenant at a time to be your view into your assets.

So, I assume that you either have created SQL Database Server from the old portal or via management API, or have create Database actually, which was then deleted. These are the only options to end up having just SQL Database Server and no user databases.

So, you have an Azure SQL Database Server, do you know the name of your server? The web management UI for Master DB will be

https://[server_name].database.windows.net/?langid=en-us#$database=master

When you connect you might see some warning message. But you will be able to perform queries successfully.

Hope this helps you.

Girish Prajwal

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 10th, 2014 6:04am

Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Make sure that your subscription filter in the upper right hand corner of the portal is set to an account that has access to the databases. If you don't see an item in the portal it is likely because the Windows Azure AD account you have selected in the filter can't see them. This is a change that occurred in the last few months where all accounts for management are part of one or more Windows Azure AD tenants. In the portal you have to select one tenant at a time to be your view into your assets.

So, I assume that you either have created SQL Database Server from the old portal or via management API, or have create Database actually, which was then deleted. These are the only options to end up having just SQL Database Server and no user databases.

So, you have an Azure SQL Database Server, do you know the name of your server? The web management UI for Master DB will be

When you connect you might see some warning message. But you will be able to perform queries successfully.

Hope this helps you.

Girish Prajwal

Hi,

Thanks for posting here.

Hope this helps you.

Girish Prajwal

The subscription tab in the upper right is for the old portal. All of our subscriptions are checked, do those check boxes affect what I can see in the new portal? We can still access our databases through SSMS, so the management UI gives us some additional info, but we're really interested in finding out our DTU utilization.
December 18th, 2014 11:00pm

Hi,

I created a SQL Database under my Subscription and was able to successfully get the DTU monitoring graph.

Please try to create a new database for testing purpose and check if you are able to get the DTU graph enabled for the new database.

Regards,

Manu Rekhar.

December 22nd, 2014 9:53am

Hi,

I created a SQL Database under my Subscription and was able to successfully get the DTU monitoring graph.

Please try to create a new database for testing purpose and check if you are able to get the DTU graph enabled for the new database.

Regards,

Manu Rekhar.

Hi,

Regards,

Manu Rekhar.

Hi Manu,

I work with RJ. New databases are showing up but existing databases are still missing so this doesn't help.

Regards,

Mansur

December 29th, 2014 7:15pm

Hi Mansur,

As you are able to view the DTU graph for New Database, and only for the existing database which was moved from other Subscription you are not, I suggest you to contact Azure Technical Support team for investigate on this and resolve the issue.

http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/options/

Regards,

Manu Rekhar

December 31st, 2014 5:40am

Hi Mansur,

As you are able to view the DTU graph for New Database, and only for the existing database which was moved from other Subscription you are not, I suggest you to contact Azure Technical Support team for investigate on this and resolve the issue.

Regards,

Manu Rekhar

Hi Mansur,

Regards,

Manu Rekhar

I tried to follow Manu Rekhar's answer, but my support plan doesn't include the reporting of bugs.

I have a very similar situation to RJ Gomez.  I scaled up a SQL Azure database from Standard S0 to S1, and it immediately disappeared from the new portal (portal.azure.com), but it is still visible in the old one (manage.windowsazure.com).  I can still see the other two databases on the same server in both portals.  I thought it would come back when it finished scaling up, but it's been two hours now, and no luck.  In case it is relevant, I initiated the scale-up in the old portal.

It is probably worth noting that I'm seeing the same behavior in Azure PowerShell: The scaled-up database is visible when in AzureServiceManagement mode and invisible when in AzureResourceManager mode.

June 25th, 2015 1:21pm

Hi,

I experience similar issue with SQL Server and databases disappearing from the new portal after aforementioned server has changed its subscription. Same resources can still be seen and managed from the old portal. But unfortunately it is impossible to upgrade server to v12, using the old portal.

I have tried to change databases tier to the new one (Standard in my case) using old site, and database is now present in the new portal, although its details (Server name, Pricing tier, subscription name) are missing also as a SQL Server itself. Servers list for subscription is just empty.

Seems like very strange and inconsistent behavior.

The account used to log in, is service administrators account, so permission assignment should not be an issue.

July 27th, 2015 9:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics