Missing Fact tables (measures) from SSAS Cube in SSIS

Dear friends,

I am trying to consume data from SSAS cube over a SSIS package. Concerning this, I created an OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services 12.0 connection type which is connecting to that Cube. It has connected to Cube successfully. Also I am able to see whole Dimension tables. HOWEVER, problem is that I cannot see fact tables. It just displays me dimension table. Normally, I have permission to get all fact table data. To test my permission, I've connected to that Cube over Excel and was able to see entire tables including fact and dimensions. Now, I am really confused.. Why can't I see that facts?? 

Thanks in advance.

July 31st, 2015 4:49am

Try using a different, privileged account for the OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services 12.0 connection as I think it must be the security.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 31st, 2015 9:28am

Hi Arthur, thanks for you answer. However, I have just one account and using for both Excel and SSIS. I can see fact data in Excel but cannot in SSIS. Also, this is an external company's Cube. They gave me just one account. I've contacted them and they tried to solve this issue but could not overcome. Now, I am worrying is this a problem from my side or from their side. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

July 31st, 2015 9:33am

Are you sure you are using the same MDX query in both places?

David

July 31st, 2015 9:48am

Hi David, I am not using MDX query to fetch data. On Excel side, I use connection by selecting "From analysis Services". SSIS side, I a use "OLE DB Provider for Analysis Services 12.0". 

Excel side, I can see fact sales data.However, SSIS side can see just dimension table no FACT DATA. 

I did nothing with MDX yet. 

July 31st, 2015 10:16am

Both SSIS and Excel are communicating with SSAS by sending MDX queries. In an multi-dimensional cube the measure groups don't really exist apart from the dimensions.  So you must specify which dimension you want to retrieve the measures across.

David

July 31st, 2015 11:00am

Hi Arthur, thanks for you answer. However, I have just one account and using for both Excel and SSIS. I can see fact data in Excel but cannot in SSIS. Also, this is an external company's Cube. They gave me just one account. I've contacted them and they tried to solve this issue but could not overcome. Now, I am worrying is this a problem from my side or from their side. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

July 31st, 2015 11:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics