Missing Application Server Role - Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
Hello, I have noticed that three recently created servers of ours are missing the application server role in server manager. I believe that it may have been an update that caused the issue but I have no idea which one. Has someone else seen this before? Thank you. UPDATE: Have removed SP1 but that did not resolve the issue.
August 22nd, 2011 5:04pm

It should be here. This is from a 2008 R2 SP1 server. Has the update readiness tool been run without error? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-is-the-System-Update-Readiness-Tool Then check the %SYSTEMROOT%\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.log file for errors. Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 23rd, 2011 12:18am

Yeah even I am facing the same problem. I can not find Application Server role in my WinSrv2008 r2 VM. Due to this I am not able to proceed with my Sharepoint 2010 Installation. Please let me know the solution. Regards, Prasad
September 19th, 2011 9:41pm

What other roles / features are currently installed? Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
September 19th, 2011 9:57pm

Application Server role is not there on Windows Core (2008 r2 ent sp1), what are the alternatives?yup
January 17th, 2012 8:05am

I have the same issue (2008 r2 x64 sp1). Roles already installed: Active Directory Domain Services, DNS Server, Web Server (IIS). Any clues on why the role does not appear? Thanks in advance, Dimitra Rentouka
May 21st, 2012 7:13pm

Have you found an answer? I can't find anything online!!! : (Brian Reeves
April 28th, 2013 1:22pm

Have you found an answer? I can't find anything online!!! : ( Brian Reeves I found the answer. The issue is the version of Windows 2008. This only appear to be happening if you are using the HPC version of windows server (WINDOWS 2008 R2 64 HPC version). Start over and use the regular Windows 2008 R2 64, and you should be good to go. Not sure who was the genius who took this off the HTC version. Moses
May 14th, 2013 10:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics