Migration to Biztalk 2013

Hello Experts,

I migrated the applications from Biztalk 2010 to Biztalk 2013, but none of those applications runs or throws error in BizTalk 2013 (which was running in BizTalk 2010). I just exported the applications from 2010 and imported it in to 2013 using msi and binding files.But in 2013 there some other applications running with just ports set up, which are working fine. What the reason could be for the imported applications from 2010 is not running on 2013 or not showing any error, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Edited by vdha Tuesday, February 10, 2015 1:55 PM
February 10th, 2015 3:51pm

There are some minor changes that may have to be addressed.

You will have to provide the exact messages for us to provide any advice.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 10th, 2015 4:47pm

Johns I have edited my question. But there is no error or warnings in the Biztalk 2013 to post here. The applications are in running state but not picks up the files in the receive location in 2013. It just does nothing.
  • Edited by vdha Tuesday, February 10, 2015 1:57 PM
February 10th, 2015 4:56pm

Not running at all?

Are the Host Instances Started?

What exactly do you mean by 'not running'?  Files aren't picked up?  Http endpoints aren't available?

February 10th, 2015 5:27pm

Hi,

Are you sure your host instances are running? Try restarting.

Ensure messages are not picked up by any other environment or server. I hope you have stopped your applications on BT 2010.

Rachit 

February 10th, 2015 5:30pm

I have stopped the applications in 2010. And the Host instances are running.

Receive Locations using the FILE adapter are not picking up the Files from the Receive folder.

I will try restarting the Host Instance.

Thanks

February 10th, 2015 5:40pm

And:

- The Receive Location is enabled?

- There are files in the folder that matches the File Mask?

- There is nothing in the Event Log on the BizTalk Server?

Morten la Cour

February 10th, 2015 5:42pm

Receive Location is enabled. I triple checked the File Mask it is correct.

And there is really nothing in Event Log.

I thought if importing the msi and binding files in the new application, the Host Instances doesnt have to be restarted.

February 10th, 2015 5:45pm

NO, try creating a new Receive Location first.
February 10th, 2015 5:59pm

Go BizTalk admin console new queryselect Tracked Message Events. Click Run query.

In the result set, check the flow of the message by following the tracked message events.

Message will not vanish, may be youre not checking it in the correct destination location. Check the message flow.

February 10th, 2015 6:15pm

Ashwin ,

Yes, I did even check the Tracked Message Events.There is no message flow.

Messages didnot vanish. They are not picked, it is still in the receive folder.

Thanks

February 10th, 2015 6:49pm

Hi vdha

make sure that the user that is assigned to the host instance that runs the receive location has FULL rights to the folder that contains the files. (not modify rights, it has to be full rights)

right click on the folder and check the permissions , the host instance user must have "FULL Control " rights

February 10th, 2015 7:07pm

Strange!!!

Stop all the applications. Start it again.

If possible give your server a restart. What is your receive adapter?  Is it file adapter?

Otherwise, stop the application which you have imported from your BizTalk 2010 environment. Just create a simple file based receive location; pick a test file from a folder. Create a send port again with a file adapter with send port filter for above receive location created. Check whether this works. If this doesn't work, then the issues some issue in your environment as whole.

February 10th, 2015 7:10pm

Regards, Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006
@Mazin Alassaf - in this case, it would be appropriate for the Asker to Propose or Mark Answers.
February 10th, 2015 7:18pm

Since it's a new install, are you sure the Receive Locations are pointing to the correct locations?

Did you try creating a new Receive Location to some temp folder?

February 10th, 2015 7:19pm

Yes it is Strange. There is other application (which was not imported from 2010)  with just receive and send ports set up, Biztalk 2013 picks files from those receive location and sends to the send locations. I can see those message flow in the tracked message events.

I will try to restart the Host Instance and let you guys know.

Thanks

February 10th, 2015 7:20pm

Regards, Mazin - MCTS BizTalk Server 2006

@Mazin Alassaf - in this case, it would be appropriate for the Asker to Propose or Mark Answers.
The only problem with that @Johns-305 [boatseller] is that the Asker do not have the option to propose an answer.      

February 10th, 2015 7:52pm

The only problem with that @Johns-305 [boatseller] is that the Asker do not have the option to propose an answer.
I meant others to Propose.  It's a great suggestion and good advice, but not a Proposed Answer.
February 10th, 2015 9:14pm

Hi vdha,

I have just tried things as you do. Created an msi pack for an application which has simple process and another application with more complex process. I can able to import the msi and binding from BizTalk 2010 to BizTalk 2013. Start both the apps without any issues.

Few things I would suggest:

• Since you have this issue, try to just import the msi and do the binding manually. At least for one application. First ensure your artifacts work.
  • Just start one application, stopping all other migrated apps (if you have more applications migrated). to address the problem for a small components.
  • If you also use the same binding file as the BizTalk 2010 one, ensure you have same host/host instance configuration.

As mentioned, I can able to do migration as you do without any issues. And your issue seems more towards environment specific issue rather than a migration issue.

February 10th, 2015 11:05pm

Thanks everybody for your valuable suggestions, I restarted the host instances and ran only one application and it ran. Thinking of running one by one.
February 11th, 2015 9:22am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics