Migrating SSIS packages from 2008 to 2012

Hi,

We are migrating all SSIS packages from 2008R2 version to 2012 version.

I have made changes in the config file to reflect the native client version. And I have also made necessary changes to the connections.

But, I am still getting this error:

[Connection manager ] Error: The requested OLE DB provider SQLNCLI10.1 is not registered. If the 64-bit driver is not installed, run the package in 32-bit mode. Error code: 0x00000000.
An OLE DB record is available.  Source: "Microsoft OLE DB Service Components"  Hresult: 0x80040154  Description: "Class not registered".

Can anyone please help me solve this error!Any help is highly appreciated!!

September 10th, 2015 3:03pm

This may help you:

http://sqlblog.com/blogs/john_paul_cook/archive/2010/03/24/running-32-bit-ssis-in-a-64-bit-environment.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 3:43pm

Hi Rajaiahgari,

According to the error message, the issue should be caused by the OLE DB provider SQLNCLI10.1 is not registered.

Based on my research, by default, there is no SQLNCLI0.1 Provider in SQL Server 2012. SQL OLE DB provider and SQL ODBC driver are installed by Microsoft SQL Server Native Client (SQL Native Client). By default, the SQLNCLI.1 provider is SQL Native Client in the SQL Server 2005 Native Client Library, SQLNCLI10.1 is SQL Server Native Client 10.0 in the SQL Server 2008 Native Client Library. 

If we want to use SQLNCLI0.1 Provider in SQL Server 2012, we should download and install the SQL Server 2008 Native Client that depending on the connection string provider you want to use. To download SQL Server 2008 Native Client, please download the sqlncli.msi or sqlncli_ia64.msi or sqlncli_x64.msi from the following Feature Pack for Microsoft SQL Server 2008:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=44277

Reference:
Using the SQL Server Native Client Header and Library Files

If there are any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

September 10th, 2015 11:33pm

Did you try opening the SSIS package in SSDT(Sql server Data tools) and able to execute. That should fix your problem. Give a try .
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 11th, 2015 12:03am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics