Migrate ISA 2006 to TMG (export/import problems)

Hi guys.

We have exported configuration on ISA side.

ISA VERSION IS:

ISA 2006 ENTERPRISE EDITION
Version: 5.0.5720.100

Then We have tried to import this configuration on TMG SIDE.

TMG VERSION IS:

TMG 2010 ENTERPRISE
Forefront Threat Management Gateway

Microsoft Corporation

Version: 7.0.7734.100

Import not working we got error:

ERROR: 0xc004048b

The configuration could not be upgraded. Upgrading an ISA Server Enterprise configuration is only supported on a Forefront TMG Enterprise Management Server.

Now I am a little bit confused/amused about error message that upgradin ISA SERVER EE configuration is only supported on TMG EE. But we have enterprise version?!

Ok we did some googlin and we found also this link:

http://tmgblog.richardhicks.com/2010/03/20/migrating-from-isa-to-tmg/

where guy is saying after you export conf file from ISA, you must manually convert it for TMG to recognize it.

Soo we went downloading:  EE Single Server Conversion Tool for Forefront TMG

and then ran: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Forefront TMG Tools\EESingleServerConversion\EESingleServerConversion.exe like this: EESingleServerConversion.exe /s "C:\temp\exported.xml" /t "C:\temp\output-for-import.xml"

but we recieve an error: Error: This tool supports files exported from the root node only.

We were even more confused/amused because we dont understand what error message means?

We have copied xml to C:\

we have copied xml to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Forefront TMG Tools\EESingleServerConversion\,

but we recieve still the same error: "This tool supports files exported from the root node only."

Please help, with best regards,

September 15th, 2014 10:57am

Hi,

The root node does not mean the location. It means the Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 in the ISA Server Management console.

Please make sure that you click the root node Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 before you click Export (Buck Up) in the ISA Server Management console.

Best regards,

Susie

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 16th, 2014 9:41am

thanks.
September 16th, 2014 10:27am

Hi,

It is my pleasure.

If you have any other related questions, please feel free to post them in the forum.

Best regards,

Susie

September 17th, 2014 7:38am

What does that means

"Please make sure that you click the root node Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 before you click Export (Buck Up) in the ISA Server Management console"

please help i don't understand the term "root"

April 1st, 2015 7:09am

As far as I can understand exporting the upper top level is different then if you only choose to export "a specific ISA server"

see the picture below:

April 1st, 2015 7:19am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics