Microsoft Transporter Suite errors.MMC crashes
I havestrange problem when i try to migratemailboxes from Linux IMAP server to Exchange 2007 SP1 .Here is the situationOld Linux IMAP server - DebianNew Windows Exchange Server - Windows 2008 enterprise edition x64 SP1Client migrator : Windows Vista x86 Ultimate Sp1 ,Outlook 2007, Exchange 2007 Sp1 x86 console,Power Shell,Microsoft Transporter Suite All updates to windows operating system was complete succesfullyAfter starting Migration everything works fine,Connect to mailboxes,tranfering etc.Afret couple of hours MMC crashes with some standart error log .After investigating error logs i decide that .Net maybe is the error,so i install the latest .Net framework 3.5 sp 1 but still getting the same error.The crashes are random,they maybe after 2-3 minutes or couple of hoursAfter days of working on that error i realize that i can use Power shell command to do my migrationSo after creating the script i start the same process again but i get the same random error System.Out.Of.MemoryOk,i expand my page file,add memory to client machine and start the process again.Still gettig the same error.After another days of working to that problem i decide to remove everything and install againSo ,Install Windows 2008,Windows Vista,Exchange and etc (clean install) but crashes still happaned.Ok i remove everything ,get new hardware and install everything all over again.Still getting the messageThe ,another reinstall. Remove Windows 2008 and Vista and install Windows 2003 server and Windows XP as client Run the process and still getting the same random MMC crashAfter that i remove everything,install Windows 2008 with hyper-v role,make two virtual machines, and move to some co-location server(my office) Then run process from slow link connection and after 10 hours the process is not crashed but i have copy only 2-3 GB mailbox files.I still have to migrate another 50gb of mails and i do not have enough time to wait ...days..weeksIs there anyone that can help me :) Any solution will be apriciated. I can not use Exmerge because some mailboxes are lagred than 2 gb
October 18th, 2008 2:53pm

I found the solution Exchange Server 2007 SP 1 Update Rollup 4 was missing ,after install it Transporter Suite works fine
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 18th, 2008 8:20pm

No,still getting the same error MMC crashes with error System.OutOfMemoryExeption Locale ID 1033The machine from which i start the process is with 2GB of ram .MMC.exe process take about 1gb of ram and after couple of hours crashes.I realy do not have any idea.
October 19th, 2008 11:46am

Hello, Based on your description, the root cause seems to be related to the Exchange server. I am sorry to say that I am not good at Exchange and I would like to suggest that you post this in our Exchange forum. People there have better knowledge on Exchange-related questions and they may help you to efficiently resolve the problem. They may also share some useful information with you. http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=235&SiteID=17 Thank you for your cooperation and I hope this will be resolved soon. Best regards,Chang Yin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 21st, 2008 4:04pm

Solution has been found :)After deep investigation i found that MMC crash and Powerwell crash when try to move lagre e-mail.Then we search for bigger files in out mail server and found some mail item that are larger than 100MB After deleting everything that is bigger that 30 MB migrating complete succesfuly.Now i am happy and ready to erase my self at the pub tonight :D
October 30th, 2008 11:26am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics