Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition
I don't know what this thing does and I'm having trouble, caring to know but everytime I turn off my computer it takes over trying to unsuccessfully install itself. I've been away all week and come home to it still installing. Its like Hal from Space Odessy 2000. I'm running 32-bit Win 7. Trend Micro Titanium AV. You are the fisrt resource I've tried.
April 2nd, 2011 8:12pm

SQL Server is a relational database engine. Some app you installed may be using as a backend data store. I'd ask them here. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7?page=1&tab=all Regards, Dave Patrick .... Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows]
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 2nd, 2011 9:06pm

I've installed SQL Server 2005 Express on Windows 7, and I don't believe it will try repeatedly if it fails to install. I think some other application is trying to install it, as suggested. Possibly it cannot install because the setup program was not run using the "Run as administrator" feature (right clicking the setup program and selecting "Run as administrator). I know some virus software uses SQL Server. If you have installed something recently, perhaps you can uninstall it. Then run the setup again by right clicking the setup program and selecting "Run as administrator". Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
April 2nd, 2011 9:30pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics