Microsoft PIN Tool ?!
Hi I want to download the Microosft PIN Tool V3..i didnt find any download link on the internet . Can anyone help ?ammarhasayen
December 15th, 2010 7:07am

The only public version available is the original version that shipped as part of the Base Smart Card CSP for Windows XP (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909520) For windows Vista and Windows 7, the functinoality is built into the default credential provider and can easily be enabled through GPO to enable the functionality into the C-A-D screen and password reset options. For the GPO, check out Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Smart Cards - Allow Integrated Unblock screen to be displayed at the time of logon - Display string when smart card is blocked To the best of my knowledge, the latest version of PinTool is a custom version used internally at Microsoft and is not for public consumption. Brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 15th, 2010 9:10am

Hi, I would like to know how to activate the option to reset PIN number at logon screen... but the path to follow in GPO console didn't seem to be the right one. I don't find Smart Cards - Allow Integrated Unblock screen... Which Windows Servers do you use for AD (Win2003, 2008 or 2008R2), which version oh Windows client do you use to access the GPO console (WinXP, Vista or 7), do you need to load an extra ADM file ? Let me know. Thank you Glenn
March 7th, 2011 10:00am

You must be using Vista/Win7/Win2008/WIn2008R2 to see the options. The settings are for the default credential provider. Prior to these versions, GINAs were used Brian
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 7th, 2011 11:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics