Microsoft Management Console
I'd like to know why is it that when I type in the word "services" at the run dialog box nothing happens but when I type the word "eventvwr" something does and yet anything else I'd want to type using that method which employs the MMC interface, I have to type .msc after it. Can anyone change the framework for the Microsoft Management Interface anytime soon?
October 23rd, 2007 4:24am

That's because eventvwr.exe is an MMC snap-in launcher. Services.exe on the other hand handles, that's correct, services. The reason for the need of the .msc-ending is that it's the file ending for the MMC. Aka it's part of the framework. If you want this, or any other thing, changed in the operatingsystem I'd recommend you take part in the TAP-program run by Microsoft. During this program you have your chance to submit DCR's (Design Change Requests) which correctly motivated could get a team to change it for you. After the release of beta 3 nothing is going to change, no features added or removed. This is all part of the process and the best you could do is to submit these requests when the TAP opens for the next OS.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 23rd, 2007 9:27pm

Hi Joachim, I looked into the TAP program and it appears very interesting even though it's mainly for B2B people, however I tried to submit feedback via connect.microsoft.com in relation to Windows Server 2008 and it said I could not participate. Why is this so? Thanks again, Garth
October 24th, 2007 11:58pm

The connect-site is "by invitation only". Even though the TAP is b2b I'd recommend participating. I'd recommend contacting Microsoft about the connect-program, I can't answer "why" since I'm not Microsoft...
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 25th, 2007 10:21am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics