Microsoft CA (2003SRV R2) publish crl via ftp not working for me
Hi, I trying to publish my CRL from a Windows 2003 Sub-Enterprise CA to an FTP Location via the CA MMC and I am unable to get the syntax right for it to transfer the file. I go to Microsoft CA Right click properties click Extensions click Add enter ftp://username:password@ftp.example.com/%3%8%9.crl click OK Click the boxes to Publish CRL to location When I try and publish the CRL I get a error in the event log indicating the path is invalid. I think it's just my ftp location is incorrectly formatted and any one help? Thanks Damien
December 15th, 2009 5:36pm

You can't use FTP as a CDP location. Haven't been able to for quite some time now.Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 15th, 2009 6:58pm

What are my options? SFTP,SSH, etc
December 15th, 2009 7:37pm

There's two things you need to consider here; the protocol being used to retrieve the CRL and how you're going to get the CRL from the CA to the publishing point.For LDAP retrieval, assuming that Active Directory is where the CRLs will be stored, then they'll be published automatically. For HTTP retrieval you can use any method you want to send the CRLs to the HTTP location. All you need to do is to figure out what you want to use and then setup a scheduled task on the CA that will publish a new CRL at the correct interval and then transfer that to the correct location. What application you use to perform the transfer is irrelevant.Paul Adare CTO IdentIT Inc. ILM MVP
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 15th, 2009 7:57pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics