Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0 - Error - Engine - The system experienced  problems related to I/O requests
I have a client who reached out to us yesterday. They recently purchased and installed a new DELL R610 front end server along with an Equalogic 6500 SAN. They have installed Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 64 bit and SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1 64 bit on the front end server and are configuring the SAN for the database files. The SAN is connected via iSCSI with 4 HBA ports configured for MPIO. Before doing any further setup they thought they would test some of the IO and configuration to make sure it was performing with error and optimized. They installed Microsoft Baseline Configuration Analyzer 2.0. They are going to contact Dell to make sure that they truly do have all of the latest firmware loaded. Based on our discussion yesterday they felt they already did but would double check. We also pointed them to following hotfix based on a previous incident regarding this which this corrected although it was an EMC SAN. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2522766 They are seeing the following errors when they run MBCA2.0... "I/O request related events were detected on this system. This could be due to a faulty storage device, improper configuration or problems with the device drivers and firmware that interact with the devices. (EventId: 15 Occurrences: 28)" In reviewing the Windows Event Viewer we do not see any EventID errors. We do however see the following errors being reported. EventID: 39EventID: 9 1. Where are the EventID 15 coming from or being stored/written to if they do not show up in the Windows Event Log? 2. Any thoughts on what this issue might from or next steps in troubleshooting as the configuration appears to be correct based on our initial review? 3. Thoughts and comments on the EventID 39 and EventID 9 errors? The one item of concern for me and I am trying to get some additional information for their setup is that the DELL R610 had an onboard Broadcom 4 port NIC and a SCSI Intel 4 port NIC. They appeared to both be configured and active.
March 14th, 2012 8:30am

Hi, Thank you for your question. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support. Best Regards, AidenAiden Cao TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 15th, 2012 10:07pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics