Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General ID 1
windows 2008 x64 This info message is reported every 10seconds. Information 6/22/2011 4:56:18 PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General 1 None The system time has changed to ‎2011‎-‎06‎-‎22T12:56:18.466000000Z from ‎2011‎-‎06‎-‎22T12:56:18.467572100Z. W32 service is disabled. NTP server meinburg is installed and this system is working correctly apart from this message. I have enabled W32 and disabled rebooted without any change to this behavior. Is there a way of stopping this being reported or does anyone know how I can correct this. any ideas will be very welcome.
June 22nd, 2011 8:20pm

I have found quite a few people reporting the same error but i havent found any info or ideas that has helped me solve this issue yet.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 22nd, 2011 8:34pm

Hi, I suggest trying Clean Boot before backing up. Clean Boot ======== 1. Click Start, type "MSCONFIG" (without the quotations) in the Search Bar and Press "Enter" to start the System Configuration Utility. Note: Please click Continue if the "User Account Control" window pops up. 2. Click the "Services" tab, check the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box and click "Disable All" (if it is not gray). 3. Click the "Startup" tab, click "Disable All" and click "OK". 4. Restart the computer and test the issue. Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK". Does this issue occur in the Clean Boot environment? Tim Quan
June 23rd, 2011 8:28am

Hi Tim Yes the issue does occur on a clean boot of the system. as soon as all the services have started the message as above then is reported every tem seconds. I will try you suggestion and report back. As the time change that is being reported is less than one second is there a registry setting that could be changed to only allow this to happen if the disparaty between the two times is a minimum of say 10 seconds? Do you know where the system is getting the two different times from, is this bios verses OS clock? Cheers for suggestion Ski
June 23rd, 2011 10:14am

Hi, Thank you for the reply. Since this issue also occurs in the Clean Boot environment, I recommend testing it in Safe Mode. Does this issue also occur in Safe Mode? Tim Quan
June 24th, 2011 6:28am

Any update?
June 30th, 2011 5:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics