Message size limit of SMTP Virtual Server on IIS7 of Win2k8 R2
Hi, All I tried to unlimit the sizeof message, but it doesn't seem to work. I unmarked the checkbox at the Message Tab of SMTP Virtual server properites. But the client still got errors of '552 4.3.1 Message size exceeds fixed maximum message size' I stopped and started the virtual server, but it doesn't change anything. Does anyone has idea? Thanks
July 15th, 2011 6:54pm

Hi, There are two message size limit settings. The first, Limit message size to, is a preferred message limit for the virtual server. This is what the SMTP service will advertise as the maximum message size this Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) virtual server will accept. The second, Limit session size to, is the maximum amount of data accepted during the total connection. This is the sum of all messages sent during the connection (applying to the message body only). You should type a value larger than the Limit message size to value. Set this maximum carefully, because the connecting message transfer agent is likely to resubmit the message repeatedly. You should set these two settings if you want to change the size of message for your SMTP virtual server. In addition, since your question is IIS related, you'd better post your question at http://forums.iis.net/default.aspx?GroupID=41 Thank you for your understanding. Best Regards, James
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 18th, 2011 2:03am

Thanks for the answer and link. Since I already unmark the limit session size checkbox, and still bigger size messagen didn't go through. I will ask this question again at the forum you mentioned. Regards
August 17th, 2011 9:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics