Message gets subscribed / published twice

1. I am publishing a message from an orchestration to a message box using Passthrough pipeline

2. Another orhcestration subsribes this message using filter in the receive shape and sends to an service that drops the file in a folder

When i try to use XML pipeline the message gets published twice and as i result i  get two files in the folder. Why does this happen ?

Any solution.

Regards

Suresh

March 28th, 2015 7:35am

Hi Suresh,

I guess this is because when you are publishing message from your first orchestration using XML pipeline, the messagetype is promoted and the message is subscribed by the second orchestration based on the filter condition and send port (i.e. of second orchestration) based on the messagetype subscription (check the subscription of send port).

How to check subscription:
1. Open the Biztalk Administration Console 
2. Click on the Biztalk Group
3. Click on the New Query tab
4. Select Field Name: Search For, Operator: Equals, Value: Subscriptions
5. Select Field Name: Subscription Type, Operator: Equals, Value: Activation Subscriptions
6. Click Run Query
7. Open the subscription for the required artifact(Orchestration or send port).

Rachit

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 28th, 2015 7:59am

Hi Rachit

Thanks for your reply.

Regards

Suresh

March 28th, 2015 9:04am

Hi Suresh,

Messages never get published multiple times, it can only get subscribed many times.

If you are having subscription on the basis of MessageType on Orchestration and Send port both, then both will subscribe a copy of the message and then you will be getting multiple copies of file.

So whenever you face any issue w.r.t. subscription you should always look into the context properties getting promoted and Filter conditions on the Orchestration Receive or Send Ports.

Biztalk How To: Check Subscription & Promoted properties in Admin Console

How to View Subscriptions in Biztalk 2006

However, I am just curious why do you have a filter condition(subscription) for the send port, is it not bonded(specify later binding) to second orchestration?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2015 6:33am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics