Merge replication Error: The process could not bulk copy into table

Hi I am using SQL SERVER 2005 Service pack 4 on both publisher and distributor. While trying to setup merge replication, i am getting below error continuously. Below are replication details.

1. I am using push subscription and path is network path.
2. Distributor and publisher present on the same server.
3. I have restored recent backup on subscriber and 1 week back backup on publisher.
4. I am setting up replication for only few tables, procedures and user defined functions.
5. I have verified and both the publisher and subscriber are having same schema.
6. As the replication is failing initially saying unable to drop userdefined functions : To resolve it I have set publisher property for user defined functions as Keep existing object unchanged.
7. Every time the error is coming after running synchronization for around 50 to 55 minutes.
8. My snapshot agent is working fine without any issue. Problem is only with merge agent.
9. I have changed the verbosehistory value to 3 in merge agent profile but it is not giving any additional information

Error messages: The merge process was unable to deliver the snapshot to the Subscriber. If using Web synchronization, the merge process may have been unable to create or write to the message file. When troubleshooting, restart the synchronization with verbose history logging and specify an output file to which to write. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL-2147201001)

Get help: 

The process could not bulk copy into table '"dbo"."refund_import_log"'. (Source: MSSQL_REPL, Error number: MSSQL_REPL20037)

Get help: 

The system cannot find the file specified. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 0)

Get help: 

To obtain an error file with details on the errors encountered when initializing the subscribing table, execute the bcp command that appears below. Consult the BOL for more information on the bcp utility and its supported options. (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 20253)

Get help: 

bcp "greyhound"."dbo"."refund_import_log" in "\usaz-ism-db-02\ghstgrpltest\unc\USAZ-ISM-DB-02_GREYHOUND_GREYHOUND-STAGE\20150529112681\refund_import_log_7.bcp" -e "errorfile" -t"\n\n" -r"\n<,@g>\n" -m10000 -SUSGA-QTS-GT-01 -T -w (Source: MSSQLServer, Error number: 20253)

Here i am getting problem with different table every time.

Is there any bug related to it ? If so where i can get the fix ? If it is not a bug then please let me know how to resolve this problem.

May 29th, 2015 9:21pm

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic340549-146-1.aspx

http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/jeffrey_yao/2008/06/03/replication-error-quot-field-size-too-large-quot/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 31st, 2015 10:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics