Menu item Create -- New Folder is lost.
Hello, I am using Windows Server 2008 R2 and expiriencing problem with creating new folders. There is no such item that allow user to create new folder in global context menu and main Explorer's menu. Here is an image that, even though it in Russian, clearly shows my problem. I have found several solutions on the internet but seems to me they are not appropriate for this version of operation system. Could anyone tell me how to restore this item to default state? Best regards, Yasevich Slava.
May 26th, 2011 9:09am

Are you trying to create a folder in the root of a drive? Your screenshot doesn't say where you're trying to create the folder.Best regards Joachim Nsslander Senior Solution Architect Microsoft Infrastructure and End User Computing Dell AB, Sweden MVP Cluster Member of Microsoft Extended Experts Team (MEET) Blog: http://www.nullsession.com
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 26th, 2011 2:39pm

I do not remember in which folder this sreenshot was taken but even if it was the root of a drive it would not look this way. Guy in this thread helped me with the following solution. I have downloaded this file and compared it's content to my registry. I have found that there was no following information in my registry: [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder] @="Folder" "EditFlags"=hex:d2,03,00,00 "FullDetails"="prop:System.PropGroup.Description;System.ItemNameDisplay;System.ItemTypeText;System.Size" "ThumbnailCutoff"=dword:00000000 "TileInfo"="prop:System.Title;System.ItemTypeText" For me it was enough to set default value of [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder] to "Folder". Thank you for your try to help. Best regards, Yasevich Slava.
May 26th, 2011 6:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics