Memory usage issue
Hi I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that is using all (more or less) its memory, it has 12GB installed and is using 11,8-11,9GB, according to the Task manager. It is a virtual server and it has 4 processors (Intel Xeon X5570 @ 2,93GHz) assigned to it. On this server I have WSUS (using Windows internal database) servicing 173 clients, F-secure Policy Manager 5 servicing 173 clients, MailEnable used very rarely. When the server is rebooted, the memory usage goes down to something like 2,5GB and the slowly rises so that it is peaked after a day or two. I really need some help in troubleshooting this, so that I can figure out if there is a problem or if the server simply needs more memory.
May 17th, 2011 4:01am

Hello, don't assign 12GB RAM for a WSUS, as Windows server 2008 R2 is used 4GB are sufficient.Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 17th, 2011 4:34am

But still my problem remains that it is using 11,8-11,9GB.
May 17th, 2011 4:45am

Have you checked which process is utilising the Ram? I mean that have you utilised WSRM or something like that? WSRM will give you the information whats going on and you can tune the process also to the amount of resource you want them to consume on your server . Its there as a feature in server manager.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 17th, 2011 6:31am

Open your task manager, click Processes and sort by memory. Give us the top 5 ones.
May 17th, 2011 8:58am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics