Memory issue
Hi Techs, I am facing strange issue. I put 4 Gb of physical Ram and it is listing as 4 Gb in system properties but if i check the same via taskManager or Systeminfo it showing 2 Gb only. Your reply will help me a lot to fix this issue. Please let me know. I am using windows server 2008 R2 Thanks, Karthik
October 14th, 2010 9:51am

Different versions of Windows Server have different memory limitations. For instance, Web Edition has a limitation of 2 GB of memory. There could be other factors as well. Visit: anITKB.com, an IT Knowledge Base.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 14th, 2010 9:58am

Hi wincarma 1)check with your bios settings ,maybe u are sharing some of this MEMEROY to your VGA card (video card) 2) if u open the taskmanager, go to the "performance tab' ,and tell me what do u see in " total ,in the physical memory section" (down to the left) HTH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Remember to vote helpful,if the reply was helpful ,provinding information...
October 14th, 2010 10:13am

Hey Hussein, Thanks for the update, In Taskmanager Performance tab, 2006 MB of Total memory is available If Bios Vga is sharing memory then both the system properties , System info and taskmanager should have same Ram details right Thanks Karthik
October 14th, 2010 10:49am

Hi Jm , Thanks for the update, The issue looks different. I am not using web edition. server is updated with standard edition. Regards, Karthik
October 14th, 2010 10:50am

Hi all , Somebody help me . please Regards, Karthik
October 14th, 2010 1:15pm

How much memory is displayed with the system first posts when you turn it on?
October 14th, 2010 3:15pm

Hi, Please run MSINFO32, and you will see Installed Physical Memory (RAM) and Total Physical Memory. The Total Physical Memory value in System Information is the same as Total Physical Memory in Windows Task Manager. Total Physical Memory = Installed Physical Memory – Onboard Video Memory. You may perform the following steps to check the used memory size by Onboard Video Memory. 1. Right click on the Desktop and click Screen resolution. 2. Click Advanced settings and check the Dedicated Video Memory value under Adapter tab. If the Dedicated Video Memory is not the issue, I also would like to suggest you check if the maximum memory is limited by System Configuration: 1. Run MSCONFIG. 2. Switch to Boot button and click Advanced options. 3. If the Maximum memory box is checked, please uncheck it. 4. Click OK and restart the computer to check the result. Regards,Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 14th, 2010 10:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics