Megasas2.sys Corrupt
I purchased an IBM eSeries server with a ServerRAID M5015 SAS/SATAController. I have configured the drives into a RAID 5 using the Config Utility. The hardware sees the RAID contoller and the drives. I am using a USB CDROM to load my OS which is Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition 32bit. When I get to the other SCSI device screen I hit F6 and attempt to load the downloaded drives for the controller. This ultimately fails with a the following error "the megasas2.sys file is corrupted or when I use IBM's Serverguides it says "File \$OEM$megasas.sys could not be loaded. The error code is 18" I have done the following: 1. Contacted IBM. I downloaded newest driver. 2. Contacted IBM. I downloaded their ServerGuides. iso & used it to boot the server. It sees the right card & still fails with the error. The odd thing with this option was when I looked in the Contoller Config Utility it showed that the option I had chosen in the Serverguides was indeed reflected in the utility. 3. Googled it. Downloaded other drive same thing. 4. IBM said that there is nothing wrong with the hardware and said I need "software configuration" support. QUESTIONS: Does this sound familiar to anyone on this forum? Why would every IBM driver 32bit driver be corrupt?
February 10th, 2012 8:57am

Thanks for the links. It explains the "error" 18 when using the Serverguides. yet these do not address the root issue of the RAID controller drive not loading or saying it is corrupt during setup.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 10th, 2012 10:11am

Will you please explain more? I am facing the same issue i mean The file megasas2.sys is corrupted. I am installing Windows 2003 SP1 on IBM X3550 server and getting this error. should I diconnected the USB Floppy from BIOS or what? thanks in advance.
May 31st, 2012 6:46am

Here's the solution to this in case someone else surfs in here: http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=migr-5089866 Sometimes I friggin hate IBM. What they say to do on that page is possible, but incredibly hard to find. All other efforts failed, and this worked flawlessly...trust me!
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 28th, 2012 2:18am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics