Media Quality Summary Report - filters

I am looking at this summary report and playing with applying the filters. There are no calls identified as VPN calls. Does the data here rely on the clients using Microsoft VPN, or is there a way to get other product VPN's recognized?

Tom

December 6th, 2011 6:10pm

Hi,Tom,

If you want to check VPN call connection you need go to Location report  to check whether the call was placed using a VPN connection.

Regards,

Sharon

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 8th, 2011 5:52am

OK, I agree. I have the VPN subnet defined in the network configuration, and can see it in the location report.

But... on the Meida Quality Summary Report, the header has drop down box selections, Access Type, Network Type, and VPN.

Switching the Access Type between All, Internal and External, I get different numbers, so Lync can identify the Access Type.

Switching the Network Type between All, Wired , and Wirelss, I get different numbers, so Lync can identify the Network Type.

Switching VPN between All, VPN, and non-VPN, I get total numbers on ALL, and non-VPN. the VPN report is blank. How does Lync identify a VPN is in use and why does this not correctly identify those networks for me? Does it only identify MS VPN sessions? I have my VPN subnets identified in the Network Configuration subnet settings, assigned to a site and region. Is there an indicator I need to set to flag for Lync this subnet is VPN?

Thanks!

Tom

December 8th, 2011 5:51pm

Hi,Tom,

Per my knowledge it does not only identify MS VPN sessions,I doubt that you didn't include VPN subnet in your QoE Monitoring server,here are some information about QoE monitoring server protocal specification the and the Lync QoE discovery knowledge  for your reference.

Regards,

Sharon

December 21st, 2011 1:30pm

We are using a Cisco VPN and I have the subnets defined in the CSCP / Network Configuration / Subnet, and have appropriate Site and Region configured. I can look in Reporting Services at the Location report, and expand Region, showing all the subnets. I then expand one of the Subnets I know to be VPN connections and open any of the calls listed. I see that the user shows up with an IP address from the VPN segmetn, but identifiers "Caller Inside - reflects TRUE" and "Caller VPN - reflects FALSE"

Something seems to be missing where Lync does not recognize the VPN connection. 

Tom

December 23rd, 2011 6:33pm

Tom,

Did you ever get any response on this?  I have the same issue and I'm trying to figure out how Lync knows the difference between a Wired/Wireless & VPN/Non-VPN call.

When I attempt to pull up a report of VPN calls, I get a blank report.

-John

July 3rd, 2013 12:47am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics