Master Detail Reports on the same page

hi experts. i need your assistance in one issue...

i have a master detail reports in one page. Master report displays all the products and details report shows their orders...

what i want is, when user clicks on products graph its detail graph show the orders of that particular record on the same page. Both reports would remain visible on the same page side by side.

if anyone can help?

March 3rd, 2014 10:04am

Hi Asif,

Check this, http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/195017/SSRS-Series-Part-II-Working-with-Subreports-DrillD#4

May be helpful.

thanks,

Imrana

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 3rd, 2014 10:44am

you can add the master report and details report within same page on adjacent rows. Set the visbility of subreport to toggle based on click action of master level row. Then while clicking pass value of master report field as parameter to subreport to render only the related data.
March 3rd, 2014 10:49am

Hi Asif48,

Just as Visakh suggest, we can add the master data and subreport in the same tablix, then set the visbility of subreport to toggle based on click action of master level row. And add some parameters to filter the related data based on the master report field. For more details, please refer to the following steps:

1. Create another report as the subreport and insert some fields. 
  2. Create a parameter named Order in the subreport.
  3. In the main report, right-click to insert a subreport in the column right of the master tablix.
  4. Right-click the subpeort to open the Subreport Properties, and select the subreport name in the drop-down list.
  5. In the left panel of the Subreport Properties dialog box, click Visibility.
  6. Select Hide option, and select Product (master level row) to display the subreport to be toggled by the Product report item.
  7. In the left panel of the Subreport Properties dialog box, click Parameters.
  8. Select Order in the drop-down list of Name, and select [Product] (use the related filed name) in the drop-down list of Value.

If there are any other questions, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 4th, 2014 7:12am

Dear  Katherine Xiong
I have same request. I do your suggestion , but when I try to set Visibility preoperties in subreport I saw below Error

I have master table with IdNo,Name ,Family,SumPrice fields as personel's information

I want to show Each personel's detail price in deferent date in detail's report

I use field IDNO in both tables .How I set Toggle...

would you please help me to solve the error

Error 1 The subreport Subreport1 has IdNo as a toggle item.  Toggle items must be text boxes that share the same scope as the hidden item or are in a scope that contains the hidden item, and cannot be contained within the current report item unless current grouping scope has a Parent. E:\D\f\last SOURCE\Reports\MainReports\MainReports\RptMasterRep.rdlc MainReports

Thanks a lot

August 30th, 2015 7:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics