Mapped network drive doesnt keep username/password
Hallo My mapped network drive doesnt keep username/password after log off or reboot. The client is a 2003 sp2(Hyper-v guest) and source is a 2008 r2 (Hyper-v host). I tried alot of different thing it all end up with mapped drive with a red cross over/disconnected. I tried through the GUI "map network drive". I tried through control panel - Manage network passowrds. I tried with Net use, /savecred cant be used with /user The client got 2 network card on different subnets. I try connect with \\192.168.5.1\sharename since I cant browse with sourceservername. (Network 192.168.5.1 is a hyper-v internal lan) What am i doing wrong?
July 4th, 2012 6:30pm

Hi allonone, Thank you for the post. Please check the AnOldMan_com post in this Windows 7 thread. Ran into same problem - two levels to fix. 1: GPE change "Network security: LAN Manager authentication level" from "undefined" to "Send LM & NTLM - user NTLMv2 session security if negotiated" If you do not have access to GPE because you're not running pro, you can edit the appropriate registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control Key: LSA ( Add if not exist ) Value Name: LMCompatibility ( Add if not exist ) Data Type: REG_DWORD Value: 1 2: Make sure you put a '\' before your username when you enter your different credentials for save. Otherwise Windows will append your current domain to it. IE: "myName" will become "localnet\myName" if you fail to save it as "\myName". If there are more inquiries on this issue, please feel free to let us know. RegardsRick Tan TechNet Community Support
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 5th, 2012 11:55pm

Thx for surgestion. #2, did not work. #1, I Have a value:LmCompatibilityLevel, type:reg_dword, data: 3 Not sure if that is the one, but anyway, this i too much. I would like a cause/fix from MS.
July 9th, 2012 2:45pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics