Mapped Drives Disconnect
I have a computer that works great for one profile user and not for another. By this the User A has not problem mapping a drive and they stay connected. The User B mappes the drive and as soon as they log off or lock the computer the mapped drives drop. I have done everything that I can find on line so far. Including \\\\lansever, net config command, keepconn and I have even used static ip address to map the drives.Can anyone help me figure this out. I need the computer to stop disconnecting because the user may run a process over night. And if this process stops over night it sets the user back hours of work.
October 2nd, 2008 4:53pm

Based on this I am gonna say you have some sort of custom user profile permissions configured or a corrupt user profile. If it is only this one user I would re-build their profile and try again... A+, Network+, MCSE (2000 \ 2003), MCTS, CISSP LinkedIn
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 3rd, 2008 3:02pm

Do you have Active Directory and Group Policys in use? Maybe those two have different GPO's applied and that could be causing this? (different logoff scripts etc.)Just an though. Henry Eklf :: Just one random IT-guy more.
October 3rd, 2008 5:56pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics