Map network drive problem
in our copany we have 3 network drive H I J and one user not able to access H & I Drive but he can access J drive only even all network drive are in a same server . i recently formatted his laptop after formating its all drive working but now 2 drive not working but if i login with the same user id in other computer then the same user can access all theree drive ,so what is the problem i did not understand Pls Help me out this problem ThanksRakesh Kumar
June 15th, 2011 5:15am

I would suggest that the H & I drives are probably camera card reader drives, so that mapping doesn't complete. Go into disk management and change the drive letter assignment of these and then login again. All should be fine.Alan Moseley
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 15th, 2011 5:49am

these Network drive are in our server and other user can access all three drives ,Yesterday i formatted that laptop after formatting all three drive were working but today only one drive working other two which are main database drive are not working Rakesh Kumar
June 15th, 2011 5:56am

I'm sorry, I didn't make it very clear. On the laptop go to Disk Management by right-clicking on My Computer, left click Manage and then left-click Disk Management. When you look down the list of drives on the laptop you will hopefully see a number of drives, including H: & I:. What I am suggesting is that you right click on each of these in turn and choose 'Change Drive Letter And Paths' (might be different if you are on XP but will be something similar). Finally select an unused drive letter, a letter which you do not also want to use for a mapped drive. You should be then ready to logoff and back on again, at which point you should see your mapped drives (if of course they are mapped at logon). Basically, if you are using a drive letter for something on the laptop, such as a card reader, you cannot also use them to map drives with. Hope this helps.Alan Moseley
June 15th, 2011 11:20am

Hi Rakesh, Thanks for posting here. So what’s the error prompt did you get when failed access that mapping driver ? could you post here? How did you map it for this user ? especially the path entry . and what if manually access that path by using windows explorer form same host ? Thanks. Tiger Li Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 16th, 2011 4:16am

Hi Alan Moseley thanks for your reply In that laptop there is only three drive (C D E ) Drive , and our network drive letter are (H I J ) drive ,I can able to map all three drive but when i open H & I drive it shows an error ACCESS IS DENIED,Rakesh Kumar
June 16th, 2011 4:25am

Hi Tiger Thanks for your reply I can able to map all the drive (H I J) but when i open H & I drive it shows ACCESS IS DENIED ,even J drive is accessibleRakesh Kumar
June 16th, 2011 4:28am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics