Manually assinging last ip from pool fails

Hello Everyone,

I am experiencing a strange issue in VMM 2012 R2 UR1.

I have 2 ip pools available. 1 of the pools has 1 ip adres available. Whenever i deploy a VM using automatic assignment of the ip adres, it takes the last ip from the pool and the VM is created. However, when i first create a Virtual Machine configuration file with specific NIC settings (ipv4address) the job fails with the message that there are no remaining IPv4 addresses available.

==========

Error (23722)
Configuration issues related to the NIC with ID [352280c0-477c-4188-842f-c34523a3bf0e] of VM [XXXX] prevent deployment.

Recommended Action
Get ratings for the virtual machine to determine an appropriate host and try the operation again.

Error (23776)
The VM [XXXX] could not be placed on cloud [XXXX] due to the following issues:

(4 / 4) 3525

No connected IP address pool with remaining IPv4 addresses could be identified to supply an address for the network adapter.
 Network adapter ID: 352280c0-477c-4188-842f-c34523a3bf0e

Recommended Action
Ensure that there are no operations occurring on virtual machine XXXX and attempt placement again.

==========

It looks like i am hitting a bug. The ip assignment to the NIC in the template sets the available amount of addresses to 0. Does anyone have the same experience? And if so, perhaps a solution? :)

Thanks in advance,
Ivo

April 1st, 2014 7:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics