Managing Roaming Profiles
How can I configure my users Roaming Profiles so that when they logoff a script or GP can automaticly delete tempory internet files, in fact all temp files? I want to do this because my users roaminf profiles are so huge it is causing a huge problem. Any and all suggestions are welcome. ThanksGerard Aguilar
September 23rd, 2009 3:13am

Hi Gerard, As far as I know, All users temp files are stored locally in the %userprofile%\local settings path which are not replicated to Roaming Profiles folder. However, you can also assign a GPO with a logoff script to delete some specific files on the roaming profile folder. Best Regards, Wilson Jia This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 23rd, 2009 10:38am

Wilson, Do you know of any scripts that I can borrow?Gerard Aguilar
September 28th, 2009 10:11pm

Hi gaguilar, please find the below script to delete the temp files SET ofs = createobject("Scripting.FilesystemObject") set fld = ofs.GetFolder("C:\Documents and Settings") For each objUserFolder in fld.subfolders if ofs.FolderExists(objUserFolder.path & "\Local Settings\Temp") then set objTempFolder = ofs.GetFolder(objUserFolder.path & "\Local Settings\Temp") msgbox(objTempFolder.Path) end if Next sainath !analyze
September 29th, 2009 4:07am

Thank you for the information. I inserted this code into into a file that I called roaming.vbs and double clicked on it and all it did was rendered a Message Box on my screen with all the users profiles on my workstation. It did not delete the files from Local Settings\temp. Is the something I am doing wrong?Gerard Aguilar
September 29th, 2009 9:26pm

Hi Gaguilar, Please do ignore the above script , sorry for the confusion.will be posting the udpated one.sainath !analyze
September 30th, 2009 4:10am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics