Management Pack fo Windows 2012 R2 File Service
I have this management pack installed and in the Monitoring section of the SCOM console it shows it's discovered my file servers, but they all say "not monitored" with the empty green circle next to them.  Other monitoring against these servers works fine in SCOM, it appears to just be a problem with this management pack.  I've read its documentation and there doesn't seem to be any step i'm missing to get this working.  Any ideas appreciated. 
September 9th, 2014 3:03pm

Check the MP discovery rules and see if there are any that are disabled by default.

What MP specifically are you using? 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 9th, 2014 11:08pm

The MP is "File Services Management Pack for Windows 2012 R2".  The discovery rule for it is enabled, and the discovery appears to be working because the file servers show up in the monitoring section until the File Servers grouping, the problem is they just say "not monitored".  Just not sure what would cause it being "not monitored" - the MP's docs don't indicate any special configuration that's needed.
September 9th, 2014 11:20pm

Hi,

It is suggest to restart the health service on your file server.

Or we can flush health service state and cache for the agent under Monitoring workspace.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh212884.aspx

And please also check the event viewer for operation manager logs on your file server, with more details we may go futher.

Regards,

September 10th, 2014 1:46am

Try to clear agent cache

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh212884.aspx

Also Verify that you import correct Management Pack and Firewall ports between client and Management server is open and try to enable proxy agent on clients.

September 11th, 2014 11:43am

Thank you for the replies.  I have flushed agent cache and done a restart on one of the servers, but it still shows as not monitored.  It seems to be something more general to SCOM or the MP config, as there are 5 different servers that are all properly discovered as file servers, but are "not monitored", and these servers are all properly monitored by other aspects of SCOM. 

Is there a setting or role component on the servers that would need to be enabled for them to actually be monitored versus discovered?  Just trying to think what flag or settings actually contribute to a server being "monitored".  Thank you!

September 11th, 2014 8:04pm

Hi,

Would you please share your screenshot here?

In addition, have you checked the event logs on your file server? Any related events?

Regards,

Yan Li

September 15th, 2014 5:14am

Hi, I've uploaded a screenshot.  In the SCOM event log on one of the file servers, there is a warning from HealthService that a discovery task was not started because a previous instance of it was still running.  The Discoveries throwing this warning are for Windows 2008 (this is a 2012 server) and SCCM client (which this server is not running), so they don't seem to be related but, but I don't know. The Application log has a warnings and errors from Perflib about InterceptCountersManager not being trusted, and the System log is clean.

September 15th, 2014 1:45pm

Hi,

How about re-install the SCOM agent on one of your file server, and check the result.

Regards,

Yan Li

September 16th, 2014 1:52am

Greetings,

The topic is a few month old but I'm still replying to it as I have the *exact* same issue here, with the exact same management pack shown in PwhX2's latest screenshot. In fact, I don't even need to post a screenshot because it would be totally identical.

--> All my file servers are discovered (can see their names in the "All File Servers" view, but remain "not monitored" (empty green circle).

Note: my Agents and servers are running SCOM 2012 R2 UR5, and all run the Windows 2012 R2 O/S.

I have tried the following:

• Restarted service (Microsoft Monitoring Agent)
  • Cleared and flushed cache
  • Analyzed OpsMgr event log: there are only information events, except for 1 warning (event ID 1000) that pwhx2 is mentionning  (A scheduled discovery task was not started because the previous task for that discovery was still executing. ).  On one of the discovered file servers, this warning is repeated every 24 hours precisely at 10:20:52, on others it is shot randomly once every 2 days - I don't find a logical pattern.
  • Uninstalled - reinstalled the SCOM Agent.

That didn't help.

Did anyone eventually find a solution to this pr

May 11th, 2015 10:52am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics