Managed Property Depends on Other Managed Properties
I would like to assign a value to a managed property based on the values of the other managed properties during the search. For example, I do a partial search for 'abc*'. I have some results back. Each of the results has 3 managed properties Property1, Property2, Property3 with their values that came from the mapped crawled properties. Besides them, I have another managed property Property4 that does not have any value because it is not mapped to a crawled property. During the search I would like to do something like that: if (Property1 like 'abc*') { Property4 = 'Value1'} else if (Property2 like 'abc*') { Property4 = 'Value2'} else if (Property3 like 'abc*') { Property4 = 'Value3'}.
I am wondering if it possible to do something like that. And if it is, how can it be done? Any suggestions, hints, directions will be greatly appreciated.
March 27th, 2015 4:00pm

Hi Tatiana,

Per my knowledge, the custom managed properties values cannot be set depending on the values of other managed properties.

You can just map crawled properties to the custom managed properties to be able to use the custom managed properties in search.

In your scenario, we still need to map a crawled property to the managed property Property4.

When an item has Property1 set as abc*, then set the value of the crawled property mapped to Property4 for this item to Value1, and so on.

Best regards.

Victoria

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 30th, 2015 2:22am

Hi Tatiana,

Per my knowledge, the custom managed properties values cannot be set depending on the values of other managed properties.

You can just map crawled properties to the custom managed properties to be able to use the custom managed properties in search.

In your scenario, we still need to map a crawled property to the managed property Property4.

When an item has Property1 set as abc*, then set the value of the crawled property mapped to Property4 for this item to Value1, and so on.

Best regards,

Victoria

March 30th, 2015 6:20am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics